What a varied world we live in – in terms of data recovery I thought I’d list some of the latest queries that have come into the data recovery centre. As you learn if you read the blog, we can get the data back from most hard drives and phones!
- Run-over iPad Air. Buckled, glass all smashed but internals intact. Won’t connect to iTunes when plugged in. Any way to bypass charging cable and connect via internals?
- External hard drive fell from sofa armrest while attached to laptop. It didn’t hit the ground as the USB cable stopped it. It did hit the armrest but not particularly hard.
- I have a Seagate expansion external hard drive. I dropped on floor today and now its making a buzzing sound when I connect to my Mac. I am based in Chessington in Surrey
- Hard drive suddenly stopped working, OS will not boot. The disk is spinning and it is clicking constantly. OS started as Windows Vista and has been upgraded over the years to Window 10.
- I have a 2TB WD ‘My Passport X’ which I’ve had for a matter of months and it has failed. It won’t show on my mac and when plugged in, it bleeps 9 times, then 3, then 3. Please can you provided me with a quote to recover the data from it?
- I have an external 8TB drive that is no longer being read by my PC. It fell off my desk and now Windows makes the sound to indicate it has been connected but it doesn’t appear on the list in explorer. There is approximately 4TB worth of data on there, that is very valuable. Ironically I bought the drive to keep it all safe and secure. Could you give me an estimate on the cost to recover the data?
- My external hard drive has failed. It’s a 1TB drive which was about 50% used. Files are mainly documents, pictures and music files. I have a new external hard drive to move the data onto. it was formatted to MAC. Are you able to recover the files and put onto the new hard drive
- I have a Seagate external hard drive with 10 years worth of photos (every photo of my daughter) which stopped working out of the blue. As far as I know it wasn’t dropped or knocked. I had a local IT company look at it and he said that it looked like the drive has failed. The drive does attempt to spin up however it fails and then goes back into standby. He attempted to get a new PCB board for it but couldnt get the exact one. He said that a specialised company could still retrieve the date, so basically I am looking for advice
So there we have a varied selection of data recovery enquiries – please if you would like me to look to retrieve the files from any faulty or broken device you may have, get in touch.